Altia has carried out a project for the configuration and implementation of an Intranet using Microsoft's SharePoint technology.
SEMARK is a food distribution company present in ten provinces of three Autonomous Communities (Cantabria, Castilla y León and La Rioja) through a network of 150 establishments (supermarkets and cash and carry) which, for more than 30 years, has operated under SUPERMARKET LUPA and the cash and carry TOP CASH brands. From its fruition, it has been immersed in a process of expansion, with the opening of various establishments in several provinces.
As for Altia's collaborations with Semark, a project has been carried out for the configuration and implementation of an Intranet using Microsoft's SharePoint technology. The solution contemplates the parameterization of the tool in such a way as to provide the necessary infrastructure for the effective use of the Intranet by all company users.
This tool is specifically designed to completely integrate the following functionalities and characteristics in the corporate Intranet:
- Cloud solutions which allows users access from any device and location.
- Integration with Active Directory and Exchange to reduce management task times.
- Comprehensive management of stored documents, including version control, history, security, and information access control.
- Comprehensive searches in the information system, with the possibility of searching inside stored documents, metadata, web pages, etc.
- Inclusion of workflows.
- Customized characteristics integrated with .NET technology.
The project consisted of an initial phase of Consulting, in which the graphic interface design was worked on and project requirements were defined, and a Configuration phase, in which the structure of the Intranet was created (by building sites corresponding to the operational organization of Semark) and the corresponding permissions were managed.
The Intranet included libraries, calendars, forms and surveys, communication spaces based on Yammer, and resource reservation management.
Subsequently, a workflow has been implemented to manage staff holidays and a custom .NET service has been built to meet the need for communication between the company's Central Services and its Stores.